The heat is really dialing up this summer, which means it’s time for sandals, shorts, sundresses, refreshing summer drinks, and mason jar salads. With temps already reaching triple digits, turning on the oven is out of the questions so you will want to have a few healthy recipes on hand that don’t require spending an extensive amount of time in a hot kitchen. That’s where this tasty mason jar salad comes in handy.
This flavorful protein packed salad can be prepped in minutes and stored in the fridge for at least a week. It will keep its freshness and you won’t have to worry about it containing tons of processed ingredients.
Honey Lime Black Bean & Quinoa Salad
- 1 bowl for mixing ingredients
- 1 knife
- measuring spoons
- measuring cup
- 4 mason jars with lids
- cutting board
- 1 strainer
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp honey use maple syrup if vegan
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 clove garlic chopped, add 2-3 cloves if you love flavor like me
- 1 large cucumber chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 large orange or yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups quinoa cold (see cooking instructions on package)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 optional red onion sliced for more flavor
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 optional boiled eggs omnivore option
- Mix lime juice, honey, olive oil, cumin, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl. divide between 4 quart-sized mason jars.
- Divide remaining ingredients between the jars in the following order: cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, black beans, quinoa, mixed greens, and egg if you choose to add.
Want more mason jar salad recipes along with my 3-Day Hormone & Gut Recovery Diet Plan & 30-Day Clean Eating Recipe Guide for Gut & Hormone Health? Visit the Free Gifts tab and download any of the offers listed to receive this special offer at a HUGE discount.